[Sca-cooks] Question on Spanish Sauces

Barbara Benson vox8 at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 11 08:27:54 PST 2002

Greetings,
I am contemplating a dish for an upcoming feast, I believe I found the
recepit itself in the Florigium. In the recepit it says that you can serve
it with Garlic and Green Sauces. Because I only have the one recepit I
cannot figure out what the sauces sould be.

PARA HAZER CEBOLLAS ENTERAS EN CAZUELA EN DIA DE QUARESMA
To Make Whole Onions in Casserole on a Lenten Day
Source: _Libro del Arte de Cozina_, 1599
Translation: Brighid ni Chiarain (Robin Carroll-Mann)
<big snip>
You can also cover with garlic sauce and green sauce.
<big snip>

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Glad Tidings,
Serena da Riva