[Sca-cooks] sesame leaf

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Tue Mar 12 08:45:22 PST 2002

At 08:13 AM 3/12/02,Elaine Koogler said something like:
>I seriously doubt it.  I just did a search on the web and found a site
>http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/crops/Sesame.html
>that states that the seeds only are used.  I looked at a couple of other
>sites and only found the seeds referenced as an item either for export or
>for sale.
>
>Kiri

Well, poo.

I wonder how much hassle it is to grow a sesame tree? Not that I have a
green thumb at all.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/3911/seseng.htm
has a lovely research project on sesame, cowpeas and castors.

According to another website they also have antioxidant and anti-cancer
properties. Cool.

and there's a picture of it on at:
http://www.foodsubs.com/HerbsAsian.html

Oh well. I see a few restaurants mention the sesame leaves though (there's
one in LA on Olympic Blvd). Perhaps its time to start haunting them and
seeing if they'll reveal their suppliers.

Regards,
Maggie