[Sca-cooks] OT: AlternaSweet?

Philip Lewis flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 14 09:41:07 PST 2002

"Vladimir Armbruster" <vladimir_armbruster at hotmail.com> writes:
>My wife can't have ANY artificial sweeteners, she's allergic to them all,
>they give her blinding migraines..

Have you actually tried spelnda (Sucralose)

It's good stuff and hasn't caused any brain reactions in my friends
who have reactions to nutrasweet and saccerin.  I hate the taste of
all artificial sweets less this one... it's nice to have stuff that
both myself and my wife will drink/eat... She's hypoglycemic and liquid
sugar really sets her off, i hate saccarin, and can only tolerate most
nutraswqeet products... Diet Dr. P. being one of the few.
I think i got a bad batch of Diet Coke once and now most nutrasweet
products taste like fish (in a bad way that is)

Hey Margali: what's the word on water born sucralose approval in the
US these days?

flip
(not a spokesman for splenda... really)