[Sca-cooks] Need help with a recipe- quail

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Mar 16 08:02:30 PST 2002

Quail can be found. The question remains
will the feastgoers eat them. The last
feast that I was at that served Quail saw
large numbers of them returned whole to the
kitchen untouched. The kitchen crew loved it
because they got to eat the leftovers, but
it seems a big waste to go to the trouble to get
them and prepare them only to have them not eaten.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway
Philippa Alderton wrote:>
> I'd suggest that you actually look for quail in an
> Asian market- they're a lot easier to find than you
> might think. They're usually sold in packages of a
> dozen or so, frozen, and as I remember they aren't
> terribly expensive. Phlip
>
> --- Bronwynmgn at aol.com wrote:> > --
> > I would like to make the following recipe from Forme
> > of Cury for the 14th century English feast
SNIPPED I then take small birds stuffed snipped