[Sca-cooks] Ace-K/PowerAde

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 10:54:37 PST 2002

--- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
> Yeah, but isn't he *your* sick, sick man??? <gggg>
> --Maire, who only ever drinks gatorade (or even
> *wants* to drink it)
> when she's got a really, really bad cold....<dunno
> why, but it actually
> tastes good then....;-)

Actually, I've discovered that if Gatorade tastes
good, I'm dehydrated- it's a good reality check ;-)

The reason it might taste good to you during a bad
cold is, in part, because your sinuses are blocked, so
you aren't actually tasting it as much as you would be
with open sinuses (Taste buds only basicly handle
sweet, sour, bitter, and salt, I think- your nose
takes care of the subtleties) and because if you do
use decongestants, part of what they do is dry up your
sinuses and mucus membranes, signaling your body that
you need more fluids.

But, if it helps you feel better, that's cool- it
certainly won't do you any serious damage.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,