[Sca-cooks] Need help with a recipe- quail

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Mar 17 11:34:54 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/16/2002 11:03:09 AM Eastern Standard Time,
johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu writes:

> Quail can be found. The question remains
> will the feastgoers eat them. The last
> feast that I was at that served Quail saw
> large numbers of them returned whole to the
> kitchen untouched.

The last one I was at that had quail had number of game meats, all shot by
the local hunters and frozen, and not much of anything went back.
In this case, the dish in question can be primarily lamb, with a few quail
per table - perhaps 2-4 - so I'm not overly concerned about wastage of huge
amounts of food.  And I know of at least one person who will be there who
will gladly eat several tables share of them if they are not wanting them.

Brangwayna