[Sca-cooks] um, red cabbage in period?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Mar 18 11:25:16 PST 2002

I'd check the Dutch artworks of the 16th-17th centuries
for pictoral evidence. Weaver indicates that some
of the heirloom red cabbages that we grow now were grown
at least as far back as the early 18th-late 17th centuries.
Unfortunately, cabbages cross pollinate, so varieties
have sprung up rather freely through the centuries.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway