[Sca-cooks] re: Need help with a recipe (Bronwynmgn at aol.com)

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Mar 19 15:40:50 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/18/2002 9:09:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Robyn.Hodgkin at affa.gov.au writes:

> I think you have done a pretty good redaction here.  My first thought
> though, was on the almond milk.  Maybe it is a lack of understanding of the
> language on my part, but I don't see any reason for the almond meal itself
> being removed from the broth. Certainly it refers to mylke later in the
> recipe, but you would still have almond milk just with the almond meal in
> it - and the almond meal would thicken the broth nicely.

Thank you.  I'm not sure where you got the impression that I was going to
strain the almond meal out of the broth, although that is in fact what I was
planning.  I don't really like the meally texture of the ground up almonds,
and most recipes, when they want the broth thickened, will say so with
something like "if it is too thin, do <something>" or "thicken it with this".
 This one I wasn't planning on thickening, as it appears to me to be more pan
juices than anything else.

Brangwayna