[Sca-cooks] dyestuff toxicity?

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Wed Mar 20 08:02:13 PST 2002

You may eat it frequently without knowing it.  It's a common "natural
color" used in things like fruit juice drinks, and it's rarely listed by
name.  I remember hearing a few years ago that Ocean Spray is personally
responsible for some huge cochineal population depletion problem, but I
don't know what the source of that info was.

-Magdalena