Seder, was Re: [Sca-cooks] FW:request for recipe(s)

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 21 14:32:04 PST 2002

> Me, I'm just annoyed that Thursday is my birthday and I
> can't have a birthday cake this year. :-(

Nonsense!  In addition to the flourless chocolate cake that everybody is touting (and maybe that could be the theme for a get-together - a taste-off? - as I have one too that people say is completely evil), you can have honey cake (a favourite of mine) and all kinds of spongecake-based items.

As a matter of fact, I am taking the treats to our Saturday morning study group next Saturday.  My co-taker (they schedule us in pairs to lighten the work and in case of last-minute troubles) called in a panic a week ago asking what do we do, since we obviously cannot take the usual six dozen bagels.

"We serve matzoh," I answered.  And she dithered some more.  So I assigned her to bring fruit salad, juice, milk, butter, and several kinds of matzoh.

I am going to take:  homemade apricot-pineapple jam (the only other ingredients are fresh ginger and sugar, so no risk of forbidden items), sponge roll with lemon cream filling and (if not too expensive) raspberries; honey cake (if I do not, I am in SERIOUS trouble with several of the other students), possibly chocolate-toffee matzohs, more likely a kugel.

(The Temple makes coffee.)

There are even KfP cake mixes in the stores, I just saw several at Tom Thumb.  And this year my favourite flavour of Tam Tams are back!  I stocked up even though they are not on sale!

                         ---= Morgan, who actually LIKES matzoh

PS:  The hard thing for me to give up is peanut butter.  *SIGH*

"Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy."  ---= Janet Long