[Sca-cooks] Bronze pictures and pipkins...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 24 10:41:52 PST 2002

Thanks for sharing this.  When I studied the Chinese Shang and Chou (I know
both are spelled differently in pinyin, but can't remember how at this
point) bronzes in both undergrad and grad study, they believed that the
bronzes were cast using the lost wax method.(1962 - 1972)  Evidently that's
no longer how they think it was done, right?  Amazing how things change when
you're actually allowed in to do some real archaelogical research!!

Kiri

PS:  the pipkin is very lovely as well...handsome glaze, along with a very
graceful, elegant shape!