[Sca-cooks] Ram's Little Dodoen

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Mar 24 15:01:15 PST 2002

catching up on e-mail---
This is part of the Early English Short Title
Catalogue record:
Author: Dodoens, Rembert, 1517-1585.
Title: [Cruydenboeck. English. Abridgments]
 Rams little Dodeon [sic] A briefe epitome of the new
 herbal, or histoy of plants. snipped
 Collected out of the most exquisite newe herball,
 or history of plants, first set forth in the Dutch
or Almayne tongue, by ... D. Reinbert Dodeon, ...
 and lately translated into English by Henry Lyte, ...
 and now collected and abbridged by William Ram, Gent.
 Pandit oliua suos Ramos.
Published: Imprinted at London : By Simon Stafford,
 dwelling in the Cloth Fayre, at the signe of the
 three Crownes, 1606.
Physical Details: [43], 213 p. ; 4°.

The Cambridge University copy was microfilmed as:
STC (2nd ed.) 6988.
 Microfilm. Ann Arbor, Mich.:
 University Microfilms International, 1978.
 1 microfilm reel: 35 mm (Early English books, 1475-1640; 1481:07).

That means it should be up on EEBO online if
you have access to that. However, EEBO is down for
maintenance so I can't verify at the moment that it
is there. Or you could use the microfilm.

Hope this answers the question.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae llyn Lewis