[Sca-cooks] Funges Follies-

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 24 16:22:33 PST 2002

Also sprach Elaine Koogler (who is not the subject or intended
recipient of what follows, and who just happened to have been the one
to push the button, as it were:

>In truth, this is part of why I wonder when some folks talk about not being
>able to substitute or omit ingredients when we don't have access to it...all
>recipes are open to a certain amount of interpretation.  This is what makes
  what we do an "art".

It should be noted that as far as I know, and I invite anyone to
provide examples to the contrary, no one on this list has _ever_
spoken in terms of what people are or are not able, or allowed, or
permitted, to do. It has always (again, AFAIK) been approached in
terms of what constitutes a better educational experience.

Art is art. Among the decisions that are included in the pursuit of
art might be those judgement calls that you make while still working
within the guidelines provided by a recipe. I find that a fun
challenge...

In general, we probably need to get away from worrying about what is
permitted, and think about what is fun; maybe we can think about why
we do what we do.

Adamantius