Weekend (was Re: [Sca-cooks] Sausages)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 25 08:31:29 PST 2002

On 25 Mar 2002, at 9:13, Debra Hense wrote:

> My weekend was busy - how was yours?
> Kateryn de Develyn

Mine was also busy.  Saturday was Mudthaw, which is my
barony's big yearly event.  It was also the investiture of our new
baron and baroness.

I can't report on the feast, alas, because we were on the waiting list
and didn't get in.  I spent part of the morning helping with dayboard
prep, and most of the afternoon selling goodies to benefit our
incipient canton.

I brought peach pits, bizcochos (anise sugar cookies), and French
biskets (almond macaroons from Eleanor Fettiplace).  They were
all very popular.  The peach pits sold out, and so did the
bizcochos, and there were only a handful of biskets left.  The busy
time of the day was mid-to-late afternoon, when the dayboard was
gone, and people were getting hungry.  I was especially pleased by
people's reactions to the peach pits.  They said, "Those look like...
peach pits" in a what-are-they-doing-here? tone of voice.

I think the experiment will be worth repeating.  People seem very
willing to shell out money to satisfy their sweet tooth.  Next time,
maybe gingerbrede or payn ragoun...

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net