[Sca-cooks] KFC:::was::::Re: bread bowls

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Mar 26 14:34:11 PST 2002

Also sprach BaronessaIlaria at aol.com:
>  > the KFC box or (if you remember them, the barrels)
>
>Back in the ancient times, they had boxes, then buckets, then barrels.
>Chicken for everyone!
>
>Ilaria

What's the difference between a bucket and a barrel? I remember
buckets as being sort of large, truncated paper cones with an inset
bottom, sort of like what a pint of chi-chi ice cream is packed in.
Of course, KFC is a relative newcomer, as are most fast food chains,
to the NYC area. (I'm interested in all the obscure chains that have
come and gone, or failed to take hold, some of them pretty good...)

Then again, we've had real pizza pretty much since WWII or before, so
it is not without compensation. And I STR we had Chicken Delight when
I was a kid, not that it's something my parents would have spent
money on.

Adamantius