[Sca-cooks] Tableware

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Tue Mar 26 15:56:50 PST 2002

> What materials are you comfortable carting around? Some people refuse
> carry glass or pottery on the grounds that it will break if you drop
it on
> the cement or tile floor.

I'd vastly prefer metal, but will handle glass or pottery if the metal
is too expensive.

> How nicely are you inclined to treat your feast gear (as in, how soon
> after the feast is it likely to be washed, is it going to soak in
water
> for a week after that, etc.)?

Not very. I hate doing dishes, and have a housekeeper come in once a
week - which means, for most events, it'll probably sit (rinsed off when
I get home) a whole week before anyone even looks at it.

> Also, how complete do you plan on having your feast gear be? Just a
knife,
> spoon, and bowl, or are you looking at going whole hog--table linens,
> aquamanile, pitchers, etc.?

Basic for now. If Christos and I ever do break up (and I fervently hope
that's never), I'll worry about filling in other items.

Avraham