[Sca-cooks] Citrus Question

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Mar 26 17:45:05 PST 2002

Alan Davidson has two full pages devoted
to oranges in The Oxford Companion to Food.
He says that the original mutation that
produced the distinctive color of the
blood orange was probably 17th century
in Sicily. He notes that Platina mentions
both sweet and tart oranges in his writings.

Johnna Holloway  Johnnae

"Decker, Terry D." wrote:> snipped
The significant points in the story are the mozaics in Piazza Armerina