[Sca-cooks] Grand Marnier

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Thu Mar 28 11:52:48 PST 2002

Also sprach Seton1355 at aol.com:
>--
>I am a non drinker but am considering making a strawberry sorbet from a
>recipe which includes Grand Marnier.  Can anyone tell me what it tastes like?
>Thanks
>Phillipa

It's a liqueur made with cognac (I think) or perhaps some other type
of brandy, sugar, and oranges. It tastes, well, kinda like orange
marmalade with brandy. You might get away with using some grated
orange rind (fresh); that may have a sufficiently volatile character
to make up for the  loss of the brandy flavor, at least to some
extent.

Adamantius