[Sca-cooks] Another gimp's view

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Thu Mar 28 14:19:00 PST 2002

> But if a guy on wheels can use it, most anyone else can, too. (Worst case
> scenario theory). Did you know there are handicapped porta-johns
available? One
> was ordered up for an event I attended here in Ansteorra. Who should I
contact
> to encourage the Pennsic crew to look into getting one or two for this
year?
> Maybe I could even talk them into placing them closer to our site.

   We've had them for years at Pennsic, mostly in the merchanting and around
the barn area, which is where the handicapped camping area is located.
You'll find one in the "bank" of porta-poties by the boat house shower
entrance, the flushable bathrooms upstairs are handicap-friendly, as well as
a separate one-person room around the corner (where the phones used to be) -
you'll have to pass the kids playing video games to get to it.
   Another one is across the road from the Troll booth. It's grey, as
opposed to green and (unfortunately) catches the eye of more than one lady
in farthingales, so there is a line at times.
   I believe that one is in place down by the A&S class room area, and while
I know that last year's plan called for two in strategic places around the
lake, I never got to get down there enough to notice them. There is a
disadvantage to working Staff. I believe another one is on point across from
the Horde Camp Gate, and one on the battle field (I may be wrong about that
one).
   If you'd like to know where they are targeted for this year, please send
an email to Lord Thorolf Egillsen disability at pennsicwar.org . He is the
Disabilities Coordinator for this year's War.

Rosine
Deputy Troll
(woo hoo!! ain't got the head job this year!)