[Sca-cooks] Fwd: Disabled Services..

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 28 22:09:59 PST 2002

--- Mercy Neumark <mneumark at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Help me help others, ok?  Please?  I'm sure my
> Laurel will forward your info
> to the Pennsic people as well.  We're here to help!

I've been in contact with the Pennsic disabilities
coordinator today, in regard to letting him know that
I and another person had useful skills available (I've
been learning ASL with an emphasis on medical signs)
and he wrote me the following:

Thank you for your missive. I am still building my
database of information
and people for this war and I'll be sure to put your
message where I can
find it when I need it. Until then Thanks again and I
look forward to
working with you this war

Thorolf

His email is:

Thorolf Egillsen <thorolf at optonline.net>

if any of you have some information or help you want
to offer him.

Granted, I didn't need to use Handicapped Services at
Pennsic, but friends have, and my observations include
the following:

Special H parking and camping areas.
Allowances made for necessary services, including the
use of a refrigerator at Chirurgeon's point for meds
requiring refrigeration.
A special golf cart service, available for H
transport.
Fairly frequent H porta-castles.
H accessible showers.
ASL translators.
Accomodations for Assistance animals.

Requirements include a copy of your handicapped
sticker, or a note for your Dr stating that you need
to use a chair or scooter, if you need to use power
for recharging, and the usual Assistance animal
paperwork.

Myself, I'd like to see a few more of the H
portacastles, particularly down by the lake, but over
all, Coopers and Pennsic staff seem to do a pretty
good job.

Anything you need to know about, ask Thorolf- he
replied to my email within 24 hours.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,