[Sca-cooks] Peers, Pressuring the BoD

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Fri Mar 29 07:19:27 PST 2002

> > And here I have to object. What would you expect the BoD to do?

   I think a few letters to the BoD requesting that guidelines about what to
look for in a site would be quite helpful. If we requested that a general
information article be written (available on the Web, and/or in TI for those
who get it), that would go a long way towards educating prospective
Autocrats.
   I think education, not condemnation, is the better path. Once a person
has a checklist of items to look for, they can weigh a site's negative
features against it's positive and make an informed decision.
   In my area, nearly every site we use is wheelchair accessible. But we'd
be lost if we had to figure out how to accommodate someone who was blind or
deaf (we have only one student signer. We don't have any deaf members,
although that could change any time).
   We have autocrat guidelines in our Group. I'll bet a lot of you do.
Handicap-accessible guidelines would be a wonderful bonus.

Rosine