[Sca-cooks] Intro and question

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 30 15:48:51 PST 2002

On 30 Mar 2002, at 17:53, Ãlfhelm se reade wrote:

> The spice is for East Indian cooking, and is "Chat Masala".

This is not a spice, but a spice mixture.  Here are some recipes:

http://recipes.alastra.com/indian/chat-masala.html
http://www.geocities.com/NapaValley/3925/recipe_spice_10.html
http://www.ivu.org/recipes/indian-chutney/chat.html
http://www.recipeland.com/recipes/c/chat_masala.html

You can mail-order some of the more exotic ingredients, such as
asafoetida and amchoor (mango powder) from:
http://worldspice.com/
 I haven't dealt with this company, but I've often seen it mentioned
on this list.

I don't suppose you have any East Indian grocery stores in your
area?

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net