[Sca-cooks] maraschino cherries, was I quit- and froup!

Jessica Tiffin melisant at iafrica.com
Sun Mar 31 01:56:03 PST 2002

>According to Epicurious (www.epicurious.com), Maraschino cherries are a
>specially treated fruit that can be made from any variety of cherry,
>though the Royal Ann is most often used. The cherries are pitted and
>then macerated in a flavored sugar syrup (usually almond flavor for red
>cherries, mint for green). At one time they were traditionally flavored
hmmm, is that the same as the horrible beasties sold under the name of
glac{e'} cherries (that's an e with an acute accent in the curly brackets)?
 Give me toothache, those things - way too sweet and somehow plastic...

JdH

Lady Jehanne de Huguenin (Jessica Tiffin) * Drachenwald Kingdom Chronicler
Shire of Adamastor, Cape Town, South Africa
melisant at iafrica.com ***  http://users.iafrica.com/m/me/melisant
Sable, three owls rising argent, each maintaining a willow slip vert.