[Sca-cooks] maraschino cherries, was I quit- and froup!

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Mar 31 05:52:42 PST 2002

No, they're not the same thing.  Glace cherries (I agree with you about
the toothache) are candied cherries, used in fruitcakes and such.
Maraschino cherries are purchased still swimming around in a lot of
sweet liquid, and are used, oh,...on top of icecream sundaes, in some
desserts, some drinks, and in chocolate-covered cherries (one of my
mother's favorites <shudder>).
--Maire