[Sca-cooks] Whole to ground spice equivalents

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 06:21:03 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/31/2002 7:35:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
goldberg at bestweb.net writes:

> ISTR learning (from Alton Brown, I think) that cinnamon is one of the
> few spices best bought powdered, as it is nearly impossible to grind the
> bark adequately at home. I could be mistaken, of course, but I'm sure I
> heard that someplace.

Hmm.  I was given, as a gift, a box containing real cinnamon chips and a
little crystal container with a crank grinder.  Mind you, it doesn't powder
the chips like commercial ground cinnamon, but it comes out about the
consistency of coarse-ground pepper.  Of course, that may be more a function
of the grinder than the cinnamon.

Brangwayna