[Sca-cooks] SPIROL CUT HAM

Seton1355 at aol.com Seton1355 at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 08:47:16 PST 2002

>No Jews at 'other cured meats' kosher: bologna, turkey, pastrami etc.  Most
>probably don;t anymore due to health concerns but I never took a poll.

Sorry, bad use of English!  That should be:
No.  Jews did eat other cured kosher meats.........

> You may find that such products would not exist if there weren't a market

I stand corrected!  *I* and most Jews I know, no longer eat what we ate,
growing up:
Smoked fish
lox
fatty beef  (flanken)
deli meats.

But now that you;ve prodded my memory... I must say that a lot of folks on my
Jewish list  (Israelis, Europeans, Americans & Australians)  DO eat meat and
processed foods.  Every holiday they post wonderful recipes but they are so
full of fat that I cannot eat them.
Phillipa