[Sca-cooks] SPIROL CUT HAM

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 31 10:01:44 PST 2002

Also sprach Seton1355 at aol.com:

>I stand corrected!  *I* and most Jews I know, no longer eat what we ate,
>growing up:
>Smoked fish
>lox
>fatty beef  (flanken)
>deli meats.
>
>But now that you;ve prodded my memory... I must say that a lot of folks on my
>Jewish list  (Israelis, Europeans, Americans & Australians)  DO eat meat and
>processed foods.  Every holiday they post wonderful recipes but they are so
>full of fat that I cannot eat them.

Fair enough. Actually, I wasn't so much disagreeing with you (you
probably would know better than I, at least directly) as warning away
from projecting your own standards on others, if that was indeed what
you were doing.

So, to bring this into a more positive vein, what are the deli meats
you grew up with? Weren't many of them cured in some way? Even
bologna generally is, to some nominal extent. Or is it that you don't
think of ham in the non-Kosher diet as filling that "convenience
food" role? I was just thinking more in terms of the manufacturing
process.

Adamantius