[Sca-cooks] Intro and question

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 31 11:24:50 PST 2002

Masalas are spice blends usually involving roasting,
you may be able to get a premade version from a local
Indian market, but I agree fresh is best.  Several
gentles have given various (and trust me they will
vary by area dramatically even within the country)
recipes.  Give one a try, ya never know you might like
it.

Alessandra

--- Ãlfhelm se reade <LordAelfhelm at netscape.net>
wrote:

> My Mundane and House sister, Leofwynn atte Gos,
> referred me to this list, as my Lady wife wanted to
> know what a certain spice is, and where it can be
> obtained.
>
> She said how helpful all on this list were -
>
> The spice is for East Indian cooking, and is "Chat
> Masala".
>
> Any information forthcomming will be much
> appreciated.
> --
> Yours in Service,
>
> Lord Ælfhem se reade,
> House of the White Shark,
> http://www.geocities.com/lordaelfhelm
> -----
> "When in doubt, listen to the man with the bloodier
> weapon..."

> Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and
> great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of
> buying online with Shop at Netscape!
> http://shopnow.netscape.com/
>
> Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account
> today at http://webmail.netscape.com/

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)