[Sca-cooks] SPIROL CUT HAM

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 31 11:33:58 PST 2002

Actually the machine I've seen that does it is very
similar to the device that carves the vegetables, the
difference being that the ham turns itself, if that
makes any sense?  Stationary blade, spinny ham.

Alessandra
(who like spiral sliced ham, until she started getting
confused)

--- Randy Goldberg MD <goldberg at bestweb.net> wrote:
> > Now, let me understand this.  You have a ham roast
> with a bone in the
> center
> > of the thing. Are you cutting adjacent to the bone
> or parallel to it
> and
> > wouldn't you have to be a good carver to get
> *thin* slices?  And what
> is
> > spirol about this kind of cutting?
>
> The ham is cut in a spiral against the bone before
> you buy it (probably
> by rotating the ham against a blade as it moves
> forward, sort of like
> cuthing threads on a screw).. Then, when you cut
> horizontally against
> the bone, the slices fall apart.
>
> Avraham

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)