[Sca-cooks] Oh mGod!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 31 12:46:09 PST 2002

Also sprach Seton1355 at aol.com:
>--
>Folks this has no real  food content, but I am so upset I have to write to
>someone.
>
>I am on a Jewish list with members the world over.  On the news this morning
>was reported that a bomb went off in a restaurant in Haifa.
>One of our members from Israel just wrote in that he and his family were on
>their way , goting to THAT restaurant but their young daughter wanted felafel
>so being the doting parents they are, turned the car around to look for a
>felafel stand.  THEREBY AVOIDING BEING BLOWN UP THEMSELVES.
>What a scary world we live in!!

All I can say, at the risk of sounding platitudinous, is that the
Almighty, whoever He, She, or It may be, works in mysterious ways.

Hey, y'ever read Christopher Stasheff's "Escape Velocity"? It's a
sort of prequel to his Warlock books, and it posits the theory that
the SCA has/had an unusually high level of psi talents among its
membership, and that said membership ended up leaving Earth and
founding a colony on another world (for political reasons). Of
course, as such stories will have it, those with high psi levels
managed to breed in the dangerous environment, and those without died
out without issue, naturally selecting psi talents in the ensuing
species...

A fun story. Do you want to know the number of Ostgardrians and other
SCAdians who worked in and around the WTC who just _happened_ to call
in sick on September 11th? The ones who were an hour late for work?
The ones who decided to come in late and run some errands uptown on
the way?

Sometimes a felafel is just a felafel. Sometimes not.

Adamantius