[Sca-cooks] Whole to ground spice equivalents

XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com XvLoverCrimvX at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 14:38:49 PST 2002

In a message dated 3/31/02 2:07:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mooncat at in-tch.com writes:

> Hmmm...(maire runs back to the kitchen and snags a bit of cinnamon
> stick). I just ground up a 2" cinnamon stick in it (had to mash the
> stick a bit first to "chip" it) in a minute or so, and it worked just
> fine.  Produced just about 1.5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon for the
> whole 2" stick.  The smell is much nicer than my already ground
> cinnamon--reminds me very much of the subtle difference between
> pre-ground and fresh-ground nutmeg.
> I now return you to your regularly scheduled Sunday afternoons.....;-D
> --Maire

Question to everyone:Can you mash cinnamon with a knife and use it in larger
chunks or would you have to use it grounded up?

And if I can mash it, would I have to get my Dick and mash it? Or would any
shape, size, or brand do?:-D

Misha
Sailing to the Rock on the U.S.S. Newton