[Sca-cooks] Oh mGod!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 31 16:14:43 PST 2002

Also sprach Seton1355 at aol.com:
>--
>Haven't read this author. For the last few years I have been sticking to non
>fiction works.  (I can be so senile (joke) that I don;t want to confuse
>myself!
>
>So how many SCAdians were spared? It;s an amazing thing to think that one
>*could* have been... That , if circumstances had been *X* much closer.....
>etc.

We had eight or ten SCAdians who would have been in there, but for
various reasons were not. Perhaps four more who actually were there,
and I believe two of those who did not make it out. Neither of those
were from Ostgardr; one was from a New Jersey group and one from a PA
group. It does seem to suggest an unusually high statistical degree
of luck.

On the other hand, I heard the story of a man just yesterday, who had
suddenly decided to go and visit The Other Woman instead of going in
to work. His wife called him on his cell phone the minute she heard
about it, and asked if he was all right. He said yes, he was, why did
she ask? She told him he had to get out of the building immediately,
there had been this terrible disaster, etc. He assured her there was
nothing to worry about, that he was fine, and that there was nothing
wrong at his office.

The divorce papers were filed the other day, which is probably why
this is news... ;-) .

>When I was living in Israel in '75-'76 I was waiting for a bus on a Jerusalem
>street. There was this box there.  I didn';t think anything of it.  My bus
>came, I got on and went home. On that night's news, it was reported that that
>box blew up 15 minutes after I had been there......wow!

I think sooner or later most people have an experience like this, in
one way or another. Just be glad your bus was on time!

Adamantius