[Sca-cooks] volume to wieght

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sun Mar 31 19:54:37 PST 2002

Avraham commented:
> Well, okay... but how do I convert one pound of lard into an equivalent
> volume of oil? <grin> I really need to get a good kitchen scale...

That only works sometimes. I went to the store last night to buy corn
for a Cajun corn dish I was making for today's family get-together.
The recipe called for 7 cups of fresh or frozen corn. Not knowing
how to do a reasonable job or removing the corn from the husks, I
opted for frozen corn. The frozen corn (and the canned corn) packages
are given in wieght not volume.

Easy enough to measure when you get home, but what do you do in the
store? Considering that I didn't want to come back to the store that
night, I intentionally erred on having too much. I ended up using one
of my two large bags of corn. Guess it's time to mark this on my
recipe.

After the previous comments on this list I will eventually probably
buy myself a good kitchen scale.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net