[Sca-cooks] maraschino cherries, was I quit- and froup!

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Mar 31 19:53:40 PST 2002

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>At 08:38 PM 3/31/02 -0600, you wrote:
>
>>I don't know. Look at the problem of finding a really good picante
>>sauce. :-)
>
>"Neeuuw Yohk City? GET A ROPE!"
>
>'Lainie
>-try finding it without cilantro...

Actually, most of the versions I've seen contain little or no
cilantro. Also a shocking number of them contain vinegar, rather than
a citrus product. There are a couple of decent salsas picante
available in cans around here, in addition to the crap sold by
companies that make their money selling Instant Taco Kits (Goya
distributes a decent product made and packed in Mexico, I believe)
and then of course there's always homemade. Suffice it to say I have
never had any trouble locating the stuff.

As for salsa cruda, well, you just have to come to my house.

Adamantius