[Sca-cooks] maraschino cherries, was I quit- and froup!

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Mar 31 20:35:36 PST 2002

At 10:53 PM 3/31/02 -0500, you wrote:

>>>I don't know. Look at the problem of finding a really good picante
>>>sauce. :-)
>>'Lainie
>>-try finding it without cilantro...
>
>Actually, most of the versions I've seen contain little or no
>cilantro. Also a shocking number of them contain vinegar, rather than
>a citrus product. There are a couple of decent salsas picante
>available in cans around here, in addition to the crap sold by
>companies that make their money selling Instant Taco Kits (Goya
>distributes a decent product made and packed in Mexico, I believe)
>and then of course there's always homemade. Suffice it to say I have
>never had any trouble locating the stuff.

Yes, most of the salsa you buy in tubs, cans, or bottles at the grocery has
no cilantro. But if you go to a Mexiacn resaurant where they make their
own, guess what they put in it in great quantity? With cilantro garnish on
everything. Bleah.

>As for salsa cruda, well, you just have to come to my house.

You'll have to cover my cabfare- I'm a littel short...

'Lainie
-when are you coming to the Upper Left Coast for some _real_ salmon?