[Sca-cooks] Civil War

Thu May 9 07:37:10 PDT 2002

Rather than a dispute between rival claimants for the throne or between
bordering governments, the English Civil War(s) (there were two in
succession, or a continuation of the first depending on your point of view)
was a dispute between Parliment and the Crown.  In most of the other cases,
the government kept churning away waiting for the dispute to be settled.  In
this case the government was split between between the power of the Crown
and the power of the Parliment.  The final result was the establishment of
the constitutional monarchy.

Bear