[Sca-cooks] Cannabalism

Marcus Loidolt mjloidolt at yahoo.com
Fri May 10 05:32:49 PDT 2002

Johann von Metten writes:
 There are a few testimonials to cannabalism among the
early Greenland explorers, and High Artic peoples,
Eskimos, Inuit, Lapps, ect...
St. Thorvaldr, first bishop of Greenland was killed
and eaten by natives in the 11th century.
Course that is from his biographer,Arni, who escaped
and later returned as his successor.

Johann

--- sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org wrote:
>    5. canabalism (Stefan li Rous)
>    7. Re: canabalism (Laura C. Minnick)
>    8. Re: canabalism (vongraph)
>    9. Re: canabalism ('bella)

> Message: 5
> Date: Thu, 09 May 2002 23:16:10 -0500
> From: Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net>
> To: SCA-Cooks maillist <SCA-Cooks at ansteorra.org>
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] canabalism
>
> TIC Elric said:
> > > I think we ought to stop this thread before
> things get heated. Please.
> > >
> > > Stefan
> >
> > Ok then to keep this on a slant of the cooking
> list, how about a discussion
> > on how to cook visitors?  There was a small
> sections of the known world at
> > that time who considered visitors a welcome
> addition to the menu :)
>
> Which areas are you thinking about? Do you have any
> evidence of this
> occuring or just stories that one people told about
> another? It seems

=== message truncated ===

=====
www.geocities.com/mjloidolt/marcus_page.html
"Let Charity be your hallmark and model for all you do,
if it is not loving, don't do it, it it is loving,
let nothing stop you from doing whatever is needed!"
(St. John Neumann)
"Have no fear or doubt anything and everything you give in this life will be paid back ahundred fold in the next"