[Sca-cooks] pirates

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri May 10 22:44:13 PDT 2002

Kiri commented:
> I couldn't agree more.  There's been a real run on pirate type activites
> here in Atlantia...and, from what I can tell, most of it is very much out of
> period.  Seems to be based on stuff like Blackbeard!

For those interested, perhaps this file might be useful:
pirates-msg       (35K)  5/31/01    Pirates throughout the Middle Ages.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CULTURES/pirates-msg.html

I have tried to make sure this is information is mostly on period
piracy (although this was often the same as merchanting) and a little
post period stuff. Of course, if anyone who has done some study on this
has something to add, or perhaps an article, I'd be interested.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net