[Sca-cooks] Soup for the Qan

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Mon May 13 06:08:27 PDT 2002

Actually, most of the dishes in QFTQ are simple. The one I jsut finished
redacting and am going to be making soon is dead simple.
Bal Po soup is lamb and radish coins cooked in broth seasoned with tsoka
cardamoms, saffron and a couple of other things and thickened with pureed
chick peas... the instructions call for it to be served over or with rice,
so it is sort of like a 'dry soup' or tagine or the like.

Phlip - can you get the copy off my desk and type in the original and
redacted forms?

The original calls for an entire leg of lamb, so I redacted it for about
20-25 lbs of lamb, but for the home version I redacted a quarter recipes
worth. Very simple, and very meat intense, depending on how much radish you
use.
margali

the quote starts here:
Well...you could try some of the dishes out of Soup for the Qan, you know.
I personally think that Crown Tourney feasts are the kind that are very
simple and involve lots 'o meat.  But then, that's just me!

Kiri