[Sca-cooks] 12th Night Ideas

Joe Fling yoseff at telocity.com
Mon May 13 18:07:46 PDT 2002

I'm a long time lurker, but I have never posted to the list before, although I'm beginning to feel I know many of you...

My group is discussing putting in a bid for next year's Twelfth Night.  I have been asked to make food suggestions, having run several successful feasts in the last several years.  I would like suggestions as to what books to start with.  We have been told to "Think Elizabethan, think winter (and then think eatable)".  I would like thoughts from anybody, especially anyone who's cooked BIG events, since this will probably be twice the size of anything I've tried to do before.

Thanks unto you all!

John Marshall of Hartshorn-Dale

P.S. Can I bring my gingerbread to the Pennsic Potluck?