[Sca-cooks] CAne vs Beet sugar

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue May 14 06:00:24 PDT 2002

I wonder if we could trade sugar with Alex...
We are treying to get him over for pennsic next year. THis year, round trip
from Moscow to Pittsburg was only $700...

We could have a bake sale...or we could turn the barn into a theater - I
have some curtins we could make costumes out of

margali
wondering where Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney are...

the quote starts here:
Interesting. Talking to a friend in Moscow (Posadnik), who has written
several articles for the Florilegium, beet sugar is all he can get there.
He says cane sugar used to be fairly available until relations with Cuba
and the Cuban subsidies went away. Now cane sugar is rare and corn
syrup is practically unheard of.

An interesting set of opposites.

--
THLord Stefan li Rous