[Sca-cooks] I'm back

Marian Marian at TheRosenbergFamilies.Net
Tue May 14 20:21:21 PDT 2002

Hi all,

I'm back, I hope to stick around for a while this time.  The
list seems mostly on topic unlike the last time I poked my nose
in.

I'll be going to Pennsic, though very few of the details are
firm.  We'll be registering a camp site, but if there is room
with our friends we will be camping in the merchant area near
the main bath-house.

I made a lovely mustard from Sabina Welserin that the Bright
Hills' Cooks' Guild used for 12th Night feast.  I'm still
inordinately pleased about that.  Recipe available if asked for,
since I don't have it handy to type up.

I finally got my rose-petal pastry to work someplace other than
Pennsic.  The disasters were becoming disheartening after all
the wonderful compliments and tokens I got at Pennsic for the
pastry.  Recipe available if asked for, though I've posted it
before.

I need some help learning to make Chinese food, or at the very
least, how to cook with a wok.  If there is anyone who will be
at Pennsic (or who lives near Baltimore) that is willing to give
me lessons, I will be very grateful.  I'll be going to China for
10 months and I want to be able to cook local.  Asian cuisine
has always been one of those things that reasonably priced
resteraunts do so much better than I, that I have never bothered
to learn.

Does anyone have a source for cinnammon leaf?  I can find
essential oil of cinnammon leaf, I can find cinnammon leaf soap,
but I can't find cinnammon leaf.  I would like to try the
malabathrum sekanjaibin recipe-oid found by Nigel FitzMaurice.

Nice to see everyone,
-M