[Sca-cooks] "The Brask Menus" - what's this term mean?...

El Hermoso Dormido ElHermosoDormido at dogphilosophy.net
Wed May 15 16:14:48 PDT 2002

I was looking at "The Brask Menus" (Scandinavian - menus from some
feasts that Bishop Brask apparently served in the 1500's, it would
appear).

The translator is evidently unsure what "sodh" was (and I sure as
heck don't know)...

Anybody have any idea?  I notice it's always served with some sort
of meat or fish, and it doesn't seem to appear anywhere in the "fast
days" menus - is it perhaps some sort of sauce made from meat or
drippings?

(The Brask Menus that I'm looking at are at:
http://www.bahnhof.se/~chimbis/tocb/recipes/menus/brask/index.html )

Just wondering if anybody knows...