[Sca-cooks] sourdough starter

K Francis baronesskay at hotmail.com
Thu May 16 13:49:52 PDT 2002

Greetings,

I got my starter as a dry packet with a sourdough cookbook.  My sponge is
now well over 25 years old and I still use the cookbook.  Makes the greatest
moist choc or spice cake and super cookies and of course PANCAKES!!  I live
in the SF bay area (West Kingdom) and expect my starter is now a very local
version.  A long ways back I gave some to a co-worker and when I let mine go
too long and couldn't refresh it, I got some it back, so the chain is
unbroken, just out of my hands for a short while.  One year I gave sponge
and recipes to friends for christmas.  Good luck!  Just be sure to follow
the directions and especially the TIMING to keep it alive!!

Kay the Innocent