[Sca-cooks] Lackeys and Refrigeration

Marian Marian at TheRosenbergFamilies.Net
Mon May 20 21:32:14 PDT 2002

Greetings all,

  So, how do other people handle refrigeration at Pennsic?

  Last year, with three main people for our kitchen[1], we had a
persistent problem of thinking someone else got the ice and a
great deal of our food spoiled.  (Ras, gallantly saved us from
eating food court one night with an absolutely delicious chicken
sausage thing...)

  The dish washing wasn't as bad an issue[2], because of
lingering memories of the food hygeine horrors with the people
we stayed with at Pennsic 29.

  Do you hire a lackey?  Set up a schedule and make sure
everyone sticks to it?  Whine loudly?  Dig a hole in the ground
and partially bury your coolers?  Wait until the ice melts and
the food spoils and eat dinner elsewhere?

-M

[1] We had a landlord/tenant relationship and there were
multiple kitchens in camp and some people who preferred food
court to cooking.
[2] Though it was an issue, since we all hated to do it.