[Sca-cooks] Lackeys and Refrigeration

Christine Seelye-King kingstaste at mindspring.com
Mon May 20 22:01:01 PDT 2002

We have a young man who makes most of his money at War by doing daily ice
runs.  This year we were down a hill and it proved more of a challenge for
him (that, and the 116 degree heat the first week) :o
Freezing some things ahead and keeping one cooler for storage is helpful.
Keeping one cooler for drink ice only so the others don't get opened as
much.  One can rent a deep freeze up there that has the electronics taken
out, and keep a lot of the frozen foods inside it.  It takes more ice to
start, but keeps it longer.
Buy the blocks of ice, they last much longer.
Christianna