[Sca-cooks] beast feasts

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu May 23 08:19:03 PDT 2002

I always wanted to do a 'hero's hunt' based feast - like those old ballads
about the huge hunk o beast and the days fighting champion getting to pick
his heroic portion/doing the carving thang - very neat idea for a 'wild
hunt' type of woods battle fighting event in the fall. How about having a
fight to the death grand woods battle, the one to walk out alive the most
times is King, and a heroic feast where he is the head carver-type dude. He
could walk around with a huge loving-cup of mead and gift people with swigs
and heroic hunks of meat...the right 'king' could pull it off. Very
barbarian-celt sounding ;-)

margali
hmmmmmm, where is that link to those Irish and Celtic hero-tales? Something
about killing that mean nasty huge bull...

the quote starts here:
And if you REALLY want to do it up right, be there for the butchering,
and pull the various organs for freezing. As I recall, after the hunt, there
was a huge ceremony where the different parts were presented to feast
attendees, with much pomp. There were very strict rules about who got what
based on precedence and whatnot. I remember reading several of them in
various Chansons. Now, THAT would make for a truly memorable feast.