[Sca-cooks] Article on Cooks Guild

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Wed May 1 08:40:41 PDT 2002

On 1 May 2002, at 15:26, Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Seems to have gone off rather well.  Did you, or someone there, know
> the person in advance?  Seems like a particularly favorable article so
> it would be a surprize to find out it was a 'cold' interview.  Good
> job to you and all your guild! Olwen

I don't know how the contact was arranged, only that it was done
by the soon-to-be-incipient seneschale (Lady Drulina) of our soon-
to-be-incipient canton.  She's done a lot of publicity outreach for
the canton, so that may be how she got in touch with this reporter.
We all knew that she was coming, so we were all careful about
which dishes we brought, and what we said.  As for the favorable
aspect... keep in mind this was intended for the weekly food
section.  It wasn't a local human-interest story on "weird folks with
an odd hobby".  If you check the other articles on the website,
you'll see that many of them are similar: a positive look at an
unusual or historic aspect of food.  There's one on a grocery store
that serves the local Russian community, one on the origin of all-
night diners, and another on the history of the Viennese table.  So
she came in with the mission of exploring an interesting and little-
known cuisine, for readers who are interested in food.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net