[Sca-cooks] Article on Cooks Guild

Cindy M. Renfrow cindy at thousandeggs.com
Wed May 1 08:53:58 PDT 2002

Thank you for the mentions of my book in your article. "...the medieval
equivalent of "The Joy of Cooking""! You're going to give me a swelled head.

Just to set the record straight, my book is self-published. The SCA press
ran off a few hundred copies one year when I lost my senses & gave them
permission.  Also, the recipe for White Bean Soup is not from my book.

Ms. Nettleton needs to be gently corrected regarding vegetables. Greens
were eaten, & were eagerly anticipated each spring. In fact, an article I
did about med/ren salads has been picked up by the Dole Co. for their
"History of Salad", a month-long exhibit at South St. Seaport in NYC. It
starts today. I have to get ready to go now.

Regards,

Cindy