[Sca-cooks] Paul Masson Wine

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri May 3 13:26:52 PDT 2002

Generys commented:
> Also, a lot of newer wineries, esp. some of the ones from Australia I think,
> are starting to do good wine in recloseable screwtop bottles...
> (I know, it just seems wrong....)

But I'm not sure that that keeps the wine as well as the bagged wines.
The advantage of the bagged wines is that there is no air in the bag.
As the wine is consumed, there should still be little or no air in the
bag. Unlike the bottled wines, whether closed with a cork or a screwcap,
which as they are drunk have more and more air in contact with the wine.

It is this air that apparently affects how long the wine stays good.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net